Mice are cute little creatures, but they can be a nuisance when they invade your home. Not only do they chew on everything, but they also leave droppings and can spread diseases. If you’re looking for ways to keep mice out of your house, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll share with you 10 effective ways to keep mice out of your house.
- Seal all entry points – Mice can squeeze through tiny holes and cracks. Inspect your home for any openings and seal them with caulk, steel wool, or foam.
- Keep your home clean – Mice are attracted to food and clutter. Keep your home clean and tidy, and store food in airtight containers.
- Never Use mouse repellents – Despite this being on many website lists as a good way to keep mice out, it’s just not true. Don’t ever waste you money on sprays, ultrasonic devices, or essential oils.
- Set traps – Traps are an effective way to catch mice, however, they are not an effective way to keep mice out! There are different types of traps available, including snap traps, glue traps, and live traps. Mouse traps can be used to mitigate the number of mice in your home and should be followed up by sealing your house from the outside to keep mice out forever.
- Never Use peppermint oil – Despite this making most lists, again, this just doesn’t work. You’d simply be wasting your money.
- Get a cat – Yes, cats may keep mice on the run and they may even catch a mouse from time to time. This, unfortunately, does not work to keep mice out of your home. You will simply not see the mice as often as you normally would. Cats are natural predators of mice. If you’re a cat lover, consider adopting one to keep mice at bay.Take a look at this video… this homeowner had two cats and a boat load of mice to boot!
- Keep your yard clean – Mice can also come from the outside. Keep your yard clean and free from debris.
- Install door sweeps – Install door sweeps on all exterior doors to prevent mice from entering your home.
- Use steel mesh – At Mice Hunters, we do use 1/4″ wire mesh to seal homes. Proper use of it is also just as important. Use steel mesh to cover vents and other openings that can’t be sealed with caulk. When using 1/4″ wire mesh, make sure that you are wearing protective gloves at all times, as the mesh will puncture your skin. You will need snips in order to cut the wire mesh as well.
- Call an exterminator. Better yet, call a mouse-proofing company – If you’ve tried everything and still can’t get rid of the mice, call a mouse-proofing company near you, like Mice Hunters. They have the tools and expertise to eliminate mice from your home. When finding one, make sure they can seal your home from the outside and a company that doesn’t just put steel wool in mouse holes. If you have questions about this, feel free to contact Mice Hunters and we’ll guide you in the right direction, no matter where you live!
By following these 10 effective ways, you can keep mice out of your house and enjoy a pest-free home. Remember to be vigilant and take action as soon as you spot any signs of mice. With a little effort, you can keep mice at bay and enjoy a clean, healthy home. If you truly want to keep mice out, have your home mouse proofed by a mouse proofing company that deploys mouse exclusion strategies to keep the mice out for ever!